New Curriculum added to our award winning preschool program: We are excited to announce that we are integrating the Twinkle Star Dance™ curriculum into our fun and educational baby ballet and tap and ballet classes for dancers ages 2-6. Miss Connors and Miss Theresa are excited to share all that they have learned during their summer training with this nationally known dance curriculum.
A great dance education for preschoolers balances structured dance curriculum with fun, engaging activities. Have your child experience what makes our classes great including nurturing teachers and a program that brings out each dancer’s strengths. We are excited incorporate the Twinkle Star Curriculum into our preschool dance classes.
This 45-minute class teaches the fundamentals of tap dance, the basics of classical ballet and the joy of creative movement. The goal is to introduce young dancers to the joys of rhythmic movement and the elegance and magic of ballet in a positive environment. Our award winning preschool program incorporates the use of the Twinkle Star Curriculum.
What do we learn? Age appropriate work is introduced in both disciplines each week that develops the young dancer in a fun, creative and systematic way.
- Dancers will also learn basic steps and terminology in ballet. Students will use the ballet barre to learn traditional technique.
- Tap will combine the study of rhythm, precision and fluidity of movement.
- Creative movement will include simple isolations, turns, jumps and leaps. The use of fun, age appropriate music engages the young dancers’ minds and bodies.
- The use of props such as maracas, stuffed animals, flowers, or scarves makes the end of class the most fun!
Students should meet the minimum age requirement of the class by September 30th. For Example: If a child has already had their fourth birthday we generally recommend taking the 4-5 year old class, etc. If any questions, please speak with our office. What to wear to class information is at the bottom of this page, we have everything you need to be ready to dance!
Our school year runs September – June. A student may join at any time from September through January 24th if there is space available.
What to wear to class? – Click Here
- We sell Revolution Dancewear in our studio dance shop, making it easy and affordable for you to get your dancer ready for class. Our shoes are the color and style we use in our recitals, so it is better to have the correct items at the beginning in order to avoid having to purchase shoes again.
- We recommend a skirted pink or purple leotard, the sparkle dress or similar style of leotard and tights. This makes it possible for our instructors to see the dancer’s bodies so they can make the proper corrections.
- Male students wear a black t-shirt and black sweatpants.
- Learning to dance and work together as a team can be more easily achieved by removing the distraction of different dancewear.